Gen See is a Direct To Consumer (DTC) beauty brand launching globally in early 2022. We will be the first to offer well designed, sustainable, high performance makeup that is inclusive and ethically sourced. Created by industry veterans with a huge passion for the category, we’re building a brand with big ambitions and a world class team. We’re female led, and we aim to create a company that really sees and respects its customers, its employees and everyone who is involved in the process of creating our products. We believe that flexibility for ourselves and for our employees is the key to being able to enjoy work, play and our families, and that it shouldn’t and doesn’t come at a cost to our (really big) ambitions.
We’re currently hiring our first employees, who will be instrumental not just in getting the company off the ground, but also shaping the company culture. We believe in constant learning, and don’t expect ourselves, or others, to always know the answers. To us excellence is in finding the answers and the willingness to constantly develop.
The position is based in Tel Aviv. Work days/hours are a hybrid of US + Israel.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re looking for an outstanding Ecommerce Director to join us on the ground floor, from go-to -market to scaling the business. Both creative and analytical, you’ll be making data driven decisions that will be at the heart of the company, impacting everything we do. You will be responsible for the insights, creative, technical, and data work that goes along with making it a success.
The ideal candidate will be strong both in strategy and execution: able to create strategy, and follow through with hands-on execution. You thrive in taking ownership, tackling a challenge, learning a new skill and getting things done.
Reporting into the founders, you will work closely with our designers, developers and agencies to drive performance by delivering and executing actionable insights, analyses, and recommendations. We are a customer centric, data based business, and we will be constantly experimenting with the site and evolving accordingly - a process you will lead.
YOU WILL BE:
* Responsible for our Shopify Plus site: getting it ready for launch with our designer and developer, and constantly updating and optimizing it post launch.
* Analyzing customer behavior on the site and optimizing it accordingly.
* Work on integrations like payment solutions, social media and apps for the website.
* Tracking google analytics daily and optimizing accordingly.
* Creating and optimizing email flows and campaigns on Klaviyo.
* Creating SMS marketing campaigns.
* Creating landing pages for campaigns.
* Working with our logistics lead and 3PL partner.
* Excellent English (all conversations written and verbal are in English)
* Approximately 2 years experience in a similar position
* Experience working with Shopify
* Experience working with Klaviyo, Yotpo and other Shopify integrations
* Comfortable with analytics and spreadsheets
* Knowledge of US ecommerce and social media
* Loves a challenge
* Flexible, open, honest, kind. That’s the basis of what we do.